These take about 1 to 1 1/2 hours total, from the start to finish. It’s really a fast roll recipe. You don’t have to wait for them to rise. The smaller you make your rolls the faster they bake.
- 2 cups warm whole milk
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons honey or sugar
- 1 teaspoom salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4-5 cups flour
- Mix all together in a mixer with a dough hook, adding just enough flour so that the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl as it mixes.
- Let knead for 5 to 10 min.
- Separate into 2 balls of dough. Roll each ball out to about approximately 15″ circle.
- Cut into pie shape wedges with a pizza cutter. Start rolling from the wide end of the wedge to make a crescent roll look.
- Bake at 350˚ for about 20 minutes (for the large rolls like these, if you make them smaller, bake 10-15 minutes, depending on the size. The tops should be a light brown.