This is currently my favorite go-to for a quick and easy meal. Add some crusty bread and fresh veggies on the side and it’s so unbelievably perfect.
It tastes and looks like a beautiful soup at a ritzy Italian restaurant. Dim the lights, light some candles, put on a table cloth, and it’s a perfect date-night at home dish.
Easy Tortellini Soup
- 1 quart chicken broth (or any type of broth)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.5 pounds fresh tortellini (from the refrigerated section)
- 4 ounces sundried tomato pesto (Classico has the best flavor)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Bring broth to a boil on high heat.
- Add crushed red pepper.
- When a rolling boil is reached, pour in tortellini. Set the timer for 2 minutes. Allow tortellini to come back to a boil.
- Once up to a rolling boil again, add the sundried tomato pesto.
- When 2 minutes is up, pour in the heavy cream. Allow to come back to a full boil.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.