I could eat this chili every day!!
I have had quite a few people over for a meal and see their face drop when they hear we’re eating lentils for dinner… and then they try a bite, and that is all it takes! Pretty soon everyone has had seconds, and the pot is empty. One friend said, “I hate lentils, but for some reason, I always eat them at your house.”
Yeah, because Lentil Chili is the bomb!
It will work with regular dry lentils or sprouted.
- 3 cups Lentils uncooked, brown
- 4 cups Broth any type
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 cup Salsa any type
- 1 Tablespoon Sea Salt coarse
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder (Or 1-2 fresh cloves)
- Put lentils in a large sauce pot, pour in broth and water, making sure to cover lentils (Add more water as needed). Bring to a boil and then turn down to a medium heat and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until lentils are soft.